ROTTI LADDU MAKES :10 LADDUS
(SWEETS/TAMIL NADU CUISINE/VEG-EASY-HEALTHY-RECOMMENDED)
I have always wondered what to do with the left over chapatis .I usually make mixed vegetables parathas with them. Why not try a sweet recipe? To my surprise it came out very well. Everyone who tasted them loved it. Nobody believed it was made with chapatis. Do try this and you too would be showered with compliments.
- Jaggery (வெல்லம் )-100g - 150g
- Cashew nuts-10 - 20 nos
- Raisins-10 - 15
- Water-1/2 cup
- Prepare chapatis.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan. Add Jaggery and 1/2 cup water to it. Mix well until the Jaggery completely dissolves.
- Remove it from fire. Filter it and keep aside.
- Powder the chapati with cardamom and cloves in mixer.
- Fry Cashew nuts and Raisins separately in Ghee and keep it aside.
- In the same pan mix powdered chapatis, Jaggery syrup and the fried nuts. Mix them well and make small balls of them.
- Make sure Jaggery syrup is warm ,while making them into laddus.
- Jaggery is a very good source of Iron and is always better then sugar in all means. It can also be done with sugar syrup.
- You can dust them in desiccated coconut or fry fresh grated coconut in Ghee and add it to the mix and then make laddus from them. But it tastes yummy as it is and your hands will go for the 2nd one.